Thursday, June 28, 2012

It's our anniversary!

"She believes in me...I'll never know just what she sees in me..."


On a summer night ten years ago, I met someone incredibly special, who would change my life forever. Neither one of us could have known exactly what we were in for when I answered that door, and she stood there, and we spoke to each other for the first time. She said I ignored her that first evening, but I don't quite remember it that way (chuckle). I WAS shy, but I knew right away she was incredibly special, and I couldn't wait to get to know her.

Things moved fast, and within a year we were married. June 28, 2003. It was a wonderful day. So incredibly exciting. I never doubted for a moment we were put together for a reason. God's hand was all over things. We were so incredibly blessed.

Nine years have passed by WAY TOO FAST. I am amazed at how swiftly time has gone by. There are so many moments I would give anything to go back and relive again. Special times that we have shared - just between the two of us. She has stood beside me, and encouraged me, during times when I needed to be held up. She has sacrificed, and exhausted herself, working, taking care of a child, and then taking care of a second child...me! I love her so much for the person she is - the wonderful woman of faith that just grows through the years.

Marriage is work. It is unpredictable. It is two different backgrounds, outlooks, and attitudes, coming together. What should be easy can be hard, and what you think will be difficult turns out to be easy - especially when you are working together. We become so much stronger. That is part of the beauty of it. If it was all easy, what would we really learn about ourselves, and others, and especially Christ and His love for us?

I am so incredibly fortunate. There have been so many blessings I received, that I didn't deserve. But most of all SHE BELIEVES IN ME, and no...I will never know just what she sees in me.

                                     I love you honey! Happy anniversary!

1 comment: