Saturday, June 2, 2012

A little bit about me...part 1

I got to thinking back on some of the professional, semi-professional, amateur and non-amateur bands I played in during my teenage years. I didn't play an instrument in any of these. I was strictly the front man/lead vocalist.

I was part of a vocal group of kids called "Second 2 None", or maybe it was 2nd to None (I can't remember), during the early 90s. We sang with tracks, and actually were pretty successful - we made it all the way to the National Amateur Hour on TV with Willard Scott. He was a terrific guy to work with.

Around the same time period, I joined a young country band called Six Shooter. I was just there for a brief period of time. In fact, I only recall performing two concerts with them. Once again, I did not play - I only sang. The keyboardist was a couple of years old than me. His name was Gabe Dixon. Years later, he formed his own band, and he played for Paul McCartney on several tours a couple of years back. Go Gabe!

Six Shooter's original lead singer decided to return, and I found myself out of a job. It was a big blow for a 13/14 year old. That was one of my first really hard lessons to learn about the music business. The band had a label deal, and pretty high-powered management. There was a lot of opportunity there, and I was crushed. It took the wind out of my sails for the next few years.

But life moved on, and my next band was a lot of fun. I can't remember the names of everyone involved. It was started by myself and Noel Rose, a friend of mine that played drums. We called ourselves Basix, because there were six of us. Clever, huh? We were doing classic rock and oldies. Once again, we only performed a few dates.

Noel and I continued to do several things together over the next few years. We even had an imaginary studio group called "The Children of Your Life" band. The music ran the gamut of about anything you could imagine. We actually recorded several tracks. My imagination was pretty active in those days.
 
Thanks for reading! I will post more about the next part of my music career later on.

Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment